MHG7986 - Cnoc Leddie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
NH68NE 14 6726 8520.
Cairn (NR) (Remains of) OS 6" map, Ross-shire, 2nd ed., (1907)
On the summit of Cnoc Leddie are the remains of a large cairn. The stones have been nearly all removed for building purposes.
Name Book 1874.
Situated just below the summit of the hill is a mutilated area now barely recognisable as a cairn. It is heather-covered with a number of stones visible on the south side. It could have measured between 6 and 12.0m in diameter, but the remains are too amorphous to make anything out of it.
Visited by OS (W D J) 20 May 1963.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 11, No. 51.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 10, 24.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6726 8519 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM4976 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13813 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.