MHG8009 - Cup marked Stone, Ardoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CUP MARKED STONE (Undated)
- None recorded
NH67SW 23 6115 7247.
At NH 6113 7248 is a prostrate slab, c.0.7m square bearing at least 25 cup marks varying from about 1ins to 4ins in diameter.
Surveyed at 1/2500. Visited by OS (A A) 3 November 1970. <1>
Graham Grant visited this stone on 22 September and submitted photos to the HER. He describes the stone as a "fine example sitting on its own at the edge of a field". <2>
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 17, No. 122.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 13787.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Grant, G. 2009-11. Information and photographs of various HER sites submitted by Graham Grant. Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6114 7246 (10m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13787 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.