MHG8017 - Cists & Cairns, Moultavie
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- CIST (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
NH67SW 15 63 71
Two burial-cairns containing cists were found at 'Multivie' (Moultavie: farm at NH 631 712) before 1875.
C Maclagan 1875; RCAHMS 1979.
No information was obtained from enquiries at Moultavie; possibly Maclagan is referring to the cairns described on NH67SW 2 and 13. Visited by OS (WDJ) 1 May 1963.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Maclagan, C. 1875. The hill forts, stone circles and other structural remains of ancient Scotland. 134.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 12, No, 55.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6309 7170 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:5192 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM5192 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13778 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.