MHG8051 - Rhamore
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH68SE 26 6770 8440
A group of deserted cottages, two of them of clay-mortar construction (one extensively altered and re-pointed with lime mortar) and the third one built with lime mortar and evidently of more recent date.
RCAHMS 1979, visited September 1978.
A farmstead comprising one unroofed, three roofed buildings and two enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1879-81, sheet xxvii). Two roofed, two unroofed buildings and two enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1992).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 31 July 1996
RCAHMS, 1979, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region, 34, No. 314 (Text/Report). SHG2670.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6769 8440 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13904 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.