MHG8063 - Hut circle, Casandamff
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- HUT CIRCLE (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC to 560 AD)
- CLEARANCE CAIRN (Undated)
Now lies within conifer plantation, supposedly left clear of planting, but this is not obvious - HAW 6/2004
NH68SE 14 6853 8265.
an ill-defined hut circle measuring c.11.5m E-W by c.10m between wall centres. Entrance in the E. The hut lies within a small area of probably contemporary field clearance heaps.
Surveyed at 1/10 560. Visited by OS (J B) 10 June 1975.
RCAHMS, 1979, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region, 21, No. 167 (Text/Report). SHG2670.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6853 8266 (155m by 233m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:5495 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM5495 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13891 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.