MHG8129 - St. Ninian's Church, Balconie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Early Medieval - 561 AD to 1057 AD)
- None recorded
NH66NW 10 61 65.
The ruins of a church of St. Ninian formerly existed at Balcony, Kiltearn.
D Beaton 1909.
No further information. Visited by OS (R D L) 5 May 1963.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Beaton, D. 1909. Ecclesiastical history of Caithness and annals of Caithness parishes. 72.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 25, No. 205.
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Farrell, S. 2020. ARO40: Achnahaird Sands By Achiltibuie, Highland. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6100 6500 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13652 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.