MHG8133 - Stone cup, Glebe of Resolis
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (CULTURE 300; CULTURE 900; , Pictish - 300 AD to 900 AD)
- None recorded
NH66NE 7 679 655.
(Area: NH 680 654) 'The circular base of an ancient Pictish house', on the glebe of Resolis, was trenched over about 1834.
About 1.5' below the surface a handled stone cup was found. It was in possession of parish minister - Rev. Donald Sage - in 1836.
NSA (written by Rev D Sage - 1836) 1845.
There is no trace of a 'circular feature' in any of the fields of the Glebe, surrounding church and manse of Resolis. These fields have long been cultivated, and Rev J A Newall has never noticed any peculiarity in the ground. He has no knowledge of previous existence or present whereabouts of stone cup, although he lives in the former residence of the Rev. Donald Sage.
Visited by OS (R B) 14 January 1966.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6790 6550 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- CUP (Undated)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13648 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.