MHG8277 - Hut circle - Am Fasach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NG77NE 6 7792 7755.
Possible hut circle, 9m to 11m in diameter, stone walls. Rectangular structure c9m by 4m built inside. <1>
The hut circle was located by C Dagg (NGR corrected) during a walkover survey in advance of proposed Water mains renewals between Lonmore and Charlestown in the site of the new development. <2>
Probably destroyed - HAW 6/2003
The hut circle is described as surviving in the survey report by C Dagg (2003), but has since been destroyed by a second phase of housing. Site visit 12/04/07. <3>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Wentworth, R. 1989. 'Survey', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1989, p.33-4. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 33-4. 34.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dagg, C.. 2003. Archaeological Evaluation of Areas to be affected by Proposed Water Mains Renewals between Lonmore and Charlestown, Gairloch, Wester Ross. Unaffiliated. 24/09/2003. . p.4, Feature 1.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Cameron, K. Comment by Kirsty Cameron, HC Archaeologist.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7791 7750 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/76469 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.