MHG8278 - Hut Circle, Am Fasach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Renumbered from NG77NE0004B
NG77NE 5 7799 7749.
Hut circle, 6m in diameter, peaty turf covered stone walls. This circle is in an area being developed for housing. <1>
The hut circle was located by C Dagg (NGR corrected) during a walkover survey in advance of proposed Water mains renewals between Lonemore and Charlestown in the site of the new development. <2>
Probably now destroyed - HAW 6/2003
The feature has not been destroyed, but survives in the garden ground of no 7. The remains stand to c 0.4m high with a clear entrance to the SE. Site visit 12/04/07. <3>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Wentworth, R. 1989. 'Survey', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1989, p.33-4. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 33-4. 34.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dagg, C.. 2001. Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment and Walk-over Survey of the Area of Gairloch Phase IV Treatment Plant and Drainage Collection Sytem, Gairloch, Wester Ross. Unaffiliated. 08/03/2001. Digital (scanned as PDF).
- <3> Verbal Communication: Cameron, K. Comment by Kirsty Cameron, HC Archaeologist.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7798 7749 (21m by 21m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/76468 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.