MHG8381 - Arrowheads - Admiral's Farm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Flint Arrowheads found AD. 1851 (NAT)
OS 6" map, Ross-shire, 2nd ed., (1907)
In 1851 while Mr A McPherson of Admiral's Farm was ploughing, he turned over several flint arrowheads about nine chains north-east of the farm-steading.
Name Book 1874.
This find-spot lies in an arable field and is entirely featureless. No other information
Visited by OS (W D J) 13 May 1963.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 36, No. 336.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 10, 54.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6962 8277 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- ARROWHEAD (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13914 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.