MHG8446 - Stone Circles, Fearn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- STONE CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NH87NW 4 c. 84 77.
Referring to Fearn, Maclagan states, 'This parish has several stone circles', and OSA (1972) refers ambiguously to 'several Druidical temples in this parish'.
OSA 1792; NSA 1845; C Maclagan 1875.
No further information. Visited by OS (I S S) 29 August 1972.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Maclagan, C. 1875. The hill forts, stone circles and other structural remains of ancient Scotland. 135.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NSA. 1845. The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy. Vol. 14, Ross and Cromarty, 361.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Sir John Sinclair (ed.). 1791-9. The statistical account of Scotland, drawn up from the communications of the ministers of the different parishes. Vol. 4, 296.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8400 7700 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15269 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.