MHG8448 - Polished Axe, Fearn parish
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
A polished axe was found in parish of Fearn in 1863 and was exhibited before Soc of Antiquaries 1887 by R B AE Macleod of Cadboll, Invergordon Castle.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1887.
Axe of Felstone, 4 3/4 x 2 in., finely formed and polished. Acquired by the NMS 1887, Acc. No. AF 288. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1887. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library, with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 21 1886-7, p.7-13, 133-37, 160-4, 198-202, 260-5, 285-91. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 7-13, 133-37, 160-4, 198-. 202.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AF 288.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8400 7699 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15267 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.