MHG8534 - Hill of Nigg 2
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Undated)
- None recorded
NH87SW 20 8425 7185
This deserted farm consists of two buildings and probably displays at least two phases of construction. The SE building is of clay-mortar construction while that to the NW has clay walls above a height of about 1m.
RCAHMS 1979, visited September 1977.
A farmstead comprising three unroofed buildings, arranged around a courtyard, and a head-dyke are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire and Cromartyshire 1880, sheet lv). The buildings, but not the head-dyke, are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1981).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 10 April 1996
RCAHMS, 1979, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region, 33, No. 295 (Text/Report). SHG2670.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8424 7185 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15292 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.