MHG8588 - Edderton Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Planning app to alter 03/00270/LBCSU - HAW 8/2003
NH78NW 29 7077 8541
Opened 1864; formerly a two-platform through station, the only surviving part is the down-platform building. It resembles the larger stations north of Bonar Bridge, and is now a dwelling house.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station of the former Highland Rly. opened on 1 October 1864 by the Inverness and Ross-shire [not Inverness and Aberdeen Junction, as stated by Hume] Rly. The station closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960, the line itself remaining in use.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 89.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 286.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7078 8542 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB44024 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14663 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.