MHG8613 - Ring ditches, 100m NW of Polnicol
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NH77SE 6 752 731.
NH 752 731. The crop-marks of about six ring-ditches have been recorded about 100m NW of Polnicol. They measure about 5m in diameter. There is nothing visible on the ground.
RCAHMS 1979, visited 1978; Visible on RCAHMS air photographs RC 1421-4: flown 1976.
RCAHMS, 1979, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region, 24, No. 199 (Text/Report). SHG2670.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7519 7310 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||KILMUIR EASTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14593 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.