MHG8625 - Burial cists, Dalnaclach
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CIST (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- CREMATION (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
NH77NW 8 7334 7627 and 7335 7624.
Stone Cists found AD 1837 (NAT) OS 25" map, Ross-shire, (1907)
Two stone cists containing calcined bones and ashes etc., were found in 1837 during land reclamation.
Name Book 1873.
No remains. No further info. Visited by OS (RDL) 19 5 1963.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 15, No. 99.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 25, 21.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7333 7627 (10m by 12m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||LOGIE EASTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14580 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.