MHG8636 - Early Med Pin (marginal), Ross
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Late Iron Age to Early Medieval - 2 AD to 1057 AD)
- None recorded
RMS FC 238 Mushroom-headed pin of the type commonly dated to 5th and 6th centuries AD but continuing later. This example has a hipped shank.
L R Laing 1973.
The recording of this artefact on this map sheet is for convenience rather than locational attribution.
The pin is copper alloy (Foster 1989, no. 724). It is listed under Acc. No. FC 238 in the NMS catalogue. <1> <2>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Laing, L R. 1973. 'People and pins in Dark Age Scotland' in Trans Dumfriesshire Galloway Natur Hist Antiq Soc Vol. 50 (1973), pp 53-71. 69, No. 14.
- <1> Text/Publication: Foster, S. 1989. Aspects of the late Atlantic Iron Age (Ph.D. thesis). No. 724.
- <2> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. FC 238.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7000 7499 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- PIN (Late Iron Age to Early Medieval - 2 AD to 1057 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14569 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.