MHG8687 - Ross's Store, Shore Road, Tain

Summary

A late 19th-century warehouse by Andrew Maitland and Sons.

Type and Period (2)

  • WAREHOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1884 AD to 1884 AD)
  • FLATS (Converted, 21st Century - 2007 AD to 2007 AD)

Protected Status

Full Description

Ross's Store in Tain was designed and built as a warehouse by the local architects Andrew Maitland and Sons in 1884. A photographic record of this building was made before and during its conversion to flats in 2007. The building seemed to have survived largely as originally built and represents a single phase of construction. Pulley wheels for a hoist could be seen in the roof timbers of the 2nd floor. <1><2>

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 7791 8248 (41m by 23m)
Map sheet NH78SE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish TAIN

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (2)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.