MHG8728 - Whitebog
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MOUND (Undated)
- None recorded
NH76SW 6 7163 6088.
(NH 7163 6088) This is an oval grass-covered mound lying approximately E-W and measures 80' by 66'. It has been considerably robbed and shown to consist of stones intermingled with earth. Miss Henshall considers it more likely to be natural than artificial.
A A Woodham 1956; Information from A A Wodham to OS; A S Henshall 1963.
A natural mound, as described by Woodham, situated in a forestry nursery; consisting largely of earth with an admixture of unusually small stones, with the exception of two large blocks, not earthfast, on the west side.
Visited by OS (N K B) 21 January 1966.
Woodham, A. A., 1956, A survey of prehistoric monuments in the Black Isle, p 79 (Text/Publication/Article). SHG72.
Henshall, A S, 1963, The chambered tombs of Scotland, Volume 1, 79 (Text/Publication/Monograph). SHG357.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7162 6088 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14537 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.