MHG8736 - Glenurquhart

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • HOUSE (Undated)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

NH76SW 15 7438 6251.

Glenurquhart farmhouse was built in 1857 - there is a datestone above the door. The present owner believes that the small rear annexe to the house is the 'park-keeper's cottage' shown on Aitken's 1764 Cromarty Estate map and built sometime before 1750 by Captain Urquhart, owner of the Cromarty Estate. This may well be the case - it certainly looks
older than the rest of the building. <1>

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 7437 6250 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH76SW
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish CROMARTY

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.