MHG8763 - 37 Shore Road, Invergordon
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- WAREHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- CUSTOM HOUSE (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
The old Custom House, located at 37 Shore Street, is depicted but not labelled on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps.
The building was investigated during the ARCH Invergordon in WWI Project in 2015. WWI Naval plans in private possession show that it was taken over by the Admiralty and the eastern section became the Captain of the Dockyard Offices (see MHG56979). There have been many alterations over the years. In the WWI and 1930 aerial photographs and a 1974 photograph in Canmore (SC 435177), it has an external staircase on the shore side. Since then there have been extensive alterations with the staircase removed, blocked doorways and new windows. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7079 6836 (24m by 11m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.