MHG8860 - Glencoe, 17 High Street, Avoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Earlier 19th century house, 2 storey and attic, 3 bay with centre door. Harled with painted margins. 12 light sashes in
1st floor windows. 2 piended dormers. Slate roof. <1>
Information from participant in Black Isle Heritage Memories Project. 'Built for Captain of Sailing Ships'. <2>
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB Number 417.
- <2> Text/Report: McCullagh, C. 09/2010. Black Isle Heritage Memories: Remembering your Community Avoch, Culbokie and Tore. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. A5.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7032 5510 (15m by 26m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB417 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14364 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.