MHG8898 - Cist w Burial, Dochnaclear
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CIST (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- BURIAL (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
NH56SW 7 5131 6025.
Stone Cist containing Human Remains found AD 1871 (NAT) OS 6"map, Ross-shire, 2nd ed., (1907)
Found while ploughing. Name Book 1876.
Field still under plough. No trace of a mound or cairn at published site concerning this find. No further information. Visited by OS (N K B) 1 July 1965.
Cist found AD 1871 (NAT) OS 6"map, (1969)
No change. Visited by OS (J B) 16 November 1976
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 16, No. 104.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 9, 68.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5130 6024 (6m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12952 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.