MHG8920 - Cnoc an Each
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CAIRNFIELD (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC to 560 AD)
- HUT CIRCLE (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
This group of about thirty small cairns is situated roughly 700m NW of Balnacrae chambered cairn (NH 56 SW 1) and is probably the group noted and excavated by Macrae (see NH 56 NW 4). What may be a mutilated hut-circle is visible on the S of the group.
N Macrae 1923; RCAHMS 1979, visited September 1978.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: MacRae, N. 1923. The romance of a royal burgh: Dingwall's story of a thousand years. 342-3.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 13, No. 74.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5260 6489 (300m by 300m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12929 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.