MHG8963 - Badgharohaidh Township, Eileanach Lodge
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- HEAD DYKE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
GR corrected to above to centre the mapped buildings and scheduled area - HAW 7/2004
NH56NW 1 540 686.
In the area centred NH 540 686 are remains of 7 buildings varying in size from 7.5 x 3 x 0.5m to 38 x 4 x 0.7m, largest having an annex at right angles to it 7.0 x 4.0m., and being sub-divided into four compartments. There are associated field walls, enclosures and sheep fold.
Visited by OS (R D L) 10 May 1963.
A township, comprising six unroofed buildings, three enclosures, a head-dyke and an sheepfold is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire & Cromartyshire 1881, sheet lxiv). Two roofed buildings, six unroofed buildings, five enclosures and a sheepfold are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1971).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 29 February 1996.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5423 6864 (723m by 493m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM4707 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12891 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.