MHG8984 - Brahan House
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CHAPEL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- CEMETERY (Undated)
- None recorded
Chapel (NR) (Site of) OS 6"map, (1938)
A burying ground, now disused, where there were the remains of a chapel but at present there is no trace of it.
Name Book 1876.
There is no trace of this alleged graveyard and chapel. The siting symbol occurs in an unsuitable boggy area. A more obvious site is approx 30 metres NW at NN 5083 5418 where there is a slightly raised oval area 33m N-S by 17m E-W with traces of walling around the NW arc. It supports several large trees.
Visited by OS (J B) 24 April 1975
- --- SHG2670 Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 25, No. 209.
- --- SHG3390 Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 6, 73.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5085 5416 (200m by 200m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12868 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.