MHG9039 - Millwright's Shop, Strathpeffer Road, Dingwall
Works built 1965-6 for James Reid Millwrights, used by Bridgend Engineering Works 1994-2000. Now demolished.
Type and Period (1)
- WORKSHOP (Built, 20th Century - 1965 AD to 1966 AD)
- None recorded
Bridgend Engineering Works, Strathpeffer Rd, Dingwall. Planning App 01/0073/FULRC Photos provided June 2003 with report, dates building to 1960s. Between 1904 & 1967 OS map existing structure was built, council records show partial completion 1965 with occupation March 1966. Building was occupied by James Reid & Sons Millwrights from 1967-1994 & by Bridgend Engineering until 2000 - see SMR file
Works built 1965-6 for James Reid Millwrights, used by Bridgend Engineering Works 1994-2000. A one-storey and attic rubble-built structure with roof-lights and a wiiden extension. This building is now demolished and the site is occupied by a housing development. <1>
Valerie Reid, daughter of a former owner, advises that only the mill dam was filled in to allow for the construction of this engineering works. <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Robinson, H.. 2007. Report on Archaeological Watching Brief: Phase II of housing development at Bridgend Court, Strathpeffer Road, Dingwall. Highland Heritage. 12/12/2007. Digital. p 6.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Private individual. 2008-11. Feedback from website visitor. Yes. Digital. Valerie Reid, 13/07/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5419 5931 (98m by 61m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12812 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.