MHG9094 - Dingwall Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NH55NE0040 Signal Box
NH55NE0096 Small Frame Box
Now re-used as a Christian Bookshop
NH55NE 23.00 553 585
NH55NE 23.01 5526 5833 signal box
NH55NE 23.02 5540 5893 small frame box
(Location cited as NH 553 586).
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station was opened on 11 June 1862 by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly. [not in 1886 the Highland Rly, as stated by Hume] and remains in regular passenger use.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 79.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 286.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5530 5861 (30m by 38m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB24514 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12768 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.