MHG9118 - Hospital, Spittal Shore

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • HOSPITAL (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

NH54NE 11 56 49.

Referred to as the "hospital-house of Edirdouer" in a charter dated 1299-1311, when patronage, rents and pertinents of house, along with barony of Edirdouer (Edradour), were granted, by Elizabeth Byseth to William, earl of Ross.
Information from Hilary Hanson, 15/1/00

This site was located and appears as a ruin at the bottom of a track leading to the place name Spittal Shore and lies buried below a field clearance cairn.
See assoc. docs. File.

J Aitken : 06/03/01.

Sources/Archives (3)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 5599 4900 (140m by 140m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH54NE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish KILLEARNAN

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.