MHG9219 - Plockton, burgh
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BURGH (Undated)
- None recorded
NG83SW 3 centred 803 336
Plockton was erected a burgh of regality by a crown charter in favour of Hugh Innes of Lochalsh, 25 January 1808. It was probably still recognised as a municipality at the end of the 19th century.
A L Murray 1966.
Eigthy-eight roofed, three partially roofed and five unroofed buildings are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1880, sheet cxvii). Seventy-eight roofed buildings are shown and on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1972).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 6 May 1996.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Murray, A L. 1966. ''Review of Pryde's burghs of Scotland,'', Scot Hist Rev Vol. 45 1966, p.205-6. Scot Hist Rev. 205-6. 205-6.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Close-Brooks, J. 1986. Exploring Scotland's Heritage: The Highlands. 28-9, No. 5.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 2007-9. Photographs of various HER sites by Andrew Taylor (CD 1). Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8030 3360 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11905 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.