MHG15730 - Memorial Cairn - Culloden Moor
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- COMMEMORATIVE MONUMENT (Constructed, 19th Century - 1881 AD to 1881 AD)
NH74SW 30 7417 4498
The cairn was included in the scheduling of Culloden Battlefield, Graves of the Clans, Cairn and Well of the Dead in 1925.
The cairn was listed separately at category A in 1971.
The cairn was de-listed by Historic Environment Scotland in 2016 as part of military sites aspect of the Dual Designations Project. It remains part of the Scheduled Monument. <1>
For Culloden Moor, Battlefield (centred NH 742 450), see NH74NW 17.00.
- --- SHG2091 Text/Publication/Volume: Culloden Moor. 1962. Culloden Moor and Clava circles.
- --- SHG2570 Text/Publication/Volume: National Trust for Scotland, The. [n.d.]. The Battle of Culloden 1746: pictorial reconstruction of the battlefield together with a short account of the action and some details of the two armies involved....
- --- SHG2858 Text/Publication/Volume: Taylor, I C. 1966. Culloden: a guidebook to the battlefield with the story of the battle, the events leading to it and the aftermath. 2nd ed..
- <1> SHG27442 Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Jackson, L.. 2016. Notification of de-listing of military sites: Dual Designations Project. Historic Environment Scotland. 14/07/2016. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7417 4498 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/BTL6 (View online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM967 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/99217 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.