MHG47419 - Roman Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception, Stratherrick
A Roman Catholic church built in 1859 by Ross and Joass.
Type and Period (1)
- ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (Built, 19th Century - 1859 AD to 1859 AD)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (20/07/2004)
ARCHITECT: Ross and Joass (I.A. March 15, 1859) <1>
The Third Statistical Account of Scotland (1953-1964) states that this church was built in 1859 by an Alexander McDonell. However no such architect exists in the Dictionary of Scottish Architects and it is likely that this is an error. <2>
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe in July 2011 via the Highland HER Flickr group.
Briscoe, J M, 2008-11, Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe, via Flickr (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23810.
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 261440 (Dataset). SHG24123.
<2> Highland Council, 2009, Email correspondence between Sylvina Tilbury (HCAU) and Mary Garlick (Text/Correspondence). SHG24170.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 261440.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Highland Council. 2009. Email correspondence between Sylvina Tilbury (HCAU) and Mary Garlick. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 49495 17044 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||BOLESKINE AND ABERTARFF|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/261440 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.