MHG9093 - Dingwall Canal - Dingwall, Ross and Cromarty
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CANAL (Built, 19th Century - 1819 AD to 1819 AD)
- None recorded
NH55NE 24 549 590 to 561 584.
ARCHITECT: Thomas Telford 1803-21 <1>
This site was noted during ARCH's 2010-2012 Heritage Along the Kyle Line project. Two photographs showing the canal c. 2008 were supplied. <2>
The ARCH project supplied one additional reference. <3>
GIS data amended in 2018 acording to OS MasterMap. <4>
- <1> Text/Publication/Volume: Russell, R. 1982. Lost canals and waterways of Britain. 261-2.
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2010-2012. Heritage Along the Kyle Line. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. MDB. Site 14.
- <3> Text/Publication/Monograph: Clew, K R. 1988. The Dingwall Canal.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5554 5876 (1259m by 713m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://www.archhighland.org.uk/heritage-along-the-kyle-line.asp (Link to ARCH project page)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12769 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.