EHG676 - Watching brief - 4 St Andrews Walk, Fortrose
This report is for a watching brief conducted on behalf of Douglas Stuart Chartered Architect for a development of a porch at no.4, St Andrews Walk, Fortrose. Excavation of the porch 2.3m by 2m by 30cm deep revealed an earlier path of concrete over an undressed slab of yellow sandstone lying on natural sand. The subsoil included rubble, broken tile and medium to large angular pebbles. No archaeological features were revealed during the course of excavation.
- --- SHG20825 Image/Photograph(s): .
- --- SHG20826 Image/Photograph(s): .
- --- SHG20827 Image/Photograph(s): .
- --- SHG20828 Image/Photograph(s): .
- --- SHG20829 Image/Photograph(s): .
- --- SHG20830 Image/Photograph(s): .
- <1> SHG21663 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Farrell, S. 2001. Report of Archaeological Watching Brief: February 23rd 2001: 4 St Andrews Walk, Fortrose, Highland. Unaffiliated. 15/03/2002. .
|Location||St Andrews Walk|
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7248 5637 (3m by 3m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Operational Area||ROSS SKYE AND LOCHABER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
- MHG16532 Fuschia Cottage, 4 The Shore, Fortrose (Monument)
Record last edited
Oct 20 2014 10:17AM