MHG16532 - Fuschia Cottage, 4 The Shore, Fortrose
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NH75NW0045 Rose Cottage, 3 The Shore
Formerly included under NH 75NW 66.
A watching brief was maintained by S Farrell in 2001 during excavations for a porch fronting the house. No archaeological features or deposits were revealed. <1>
A photographic survey of the detached garage was carried out in 2012 as a condition of a planning application for its demolition and the construction of a replacement. <2>
- <1> SHG21663 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Farrell, S. 2001. Report of Archaeological Watching Brief: February 23rd 2001: 4 St Andrews Walk, Fortrose, Highland. Unaffiliated. 15/03/2002. .
- <2> SHG26083 Image/Photograph(s): Smith, T. 2012. Photographic survey - Fuschia Cottage. Colour. Digital (scanned as PDF).
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7247 5637 (30m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB31836 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/106761 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.