MHG10623 - Tumulus with Finds, Davochbeg
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- CIST (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
NC70SW 26 c. 72 01.
A portion of the upper part of an urn of yellow clay with two projecting ribs and a finely chipped spearhead, 2ins long by 1in broad, of dark-coloured flint, found in a cist under a tumulus at Strathfleet (NC 72 01) were donated to the NMAS in 1869 by Lawson Tait.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1871.
Urn listed under 'Food Vessels' (Acc No: EE 53).
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NMAS. 1892. Catalogue of the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland. 173.
- --- Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. EE 53.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1871. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 8 186-70, p.10-15,33-4,50-2,67-8,113-17,143-5,173-7,231-9,256-65,302-12,339-42,. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 10-15,33-4,50-2,67-8,113-. 50-1.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7199 0099 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
- VESSEL (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- SPEARHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5981 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.