MHG11295 - Ledbeg River
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Unnamed circular yard shown.
OS 6-inch map, 1966.
Remains of a shepfold 12m in diameter within a wall 1.5m thick. Some 20m NE are the grassed-over footings of a building measuring 13m by 5m; abandoned in the 18th/19th century.
Visited by OS (JM) 14 August 1980.
Visited by the Assynt's Hidden Lives project in December 2009. Situated on a relatively flat area on the south side of the valley, south of River Ledbeg is an area of stone spread. This is potentially the remains of a building although virtually nothing remains. <1>
<1> Cavers, G & Hudson, G, 05/2010, Assynt's Hidden Lives: An archaeological survey of the the parish, 131, p.129 (Text/Report/Fieldwork Report). SHG24882.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 2547 1397 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/70421 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.