MHG40161 - Ledbeg River
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SHEEP FOLD (Undated)
- None recorded
Unnamed circular yard shown.
OS 6-inch map, 1966.
Remains of a shepfold 12m in diameter within a wall 1.5m thick. Some 20m NE are the grassed-over footings of a building measuring 13m by 5m; abandoned in the 18th/19th century.
Visited by OS (JM) 14 August 1980.
Visited by the Assynt's Hidden Lives project in December 2009. Lying on a gently sloping area looking north over River Ledbeg, and 20m SW of building MHG11295 is an earth and turf covered circular stone sheepfold. It is 12m in diameter, 0.2m high with 1m thick walls. There is rubble spread both inside and surrounding the enclosure and the south side is extremely overgrown with heather and long grass. There is no obvious entrance. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NC 2547 1397 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/70421 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.