MHG12066 - Sarsgrum
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- CIST (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
NC36SE 7 3792 6435.
(NC 3792 6435) Cairn (NR) OS 6"map, (1961).
The remains of a large cairn about 50ft diameter.
Most of it has been removed, exposing a cist lying N-S and consisting of a covering slab, 4ft 10ins long by 3ft 4ins broad and 8ins thick, supported on 3 upright slabs, a fourth at S end having fallen. RCAHMS 1911, visited 1909.
An overgrown cairn as described by the RCAHMS and measuring 16m diameter, 2m high. Visited by OS(WDJ) 8 June 1960.
This cairn, with cist exposed, is as described by the previous authorities.
Revised at 1:10,000. Visited by OS(JM) 8 November 1978.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 3791 6434 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:3828 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM3828 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4846 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.