MHG12351 - Stone Lamp, Allt Na Dionaite
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Undated)
- None recorded
A cup-shaped stone lamp, decorated with incised chevrons, was found beside the Allt na Dionaite and was donated to the NMAS by Master Alistair MacKay, Tongue.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1966
NC 5915 5547. Mr MacKay (Alistair MacKay, 12 Loyal Terrace, Tongue) indicated on the ground where he found the lamp in 1952. (See also NC55NE 8).
Visited by OS (ISS) 2 July 1971.
Listed under Acc. No. AQ 124 in the NMS catalogue. Described as of steatite with a projecting handle, vertical perforation and an incised line above a row of chevrons just below the rim. Damaged at the rim and handle. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1966. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 97 1963-4, p.255-61. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 255-61. 255, No. 15.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AQ 124.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5914 5546 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- LAMP (Undated)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/5315 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.