MHG13887 - BA Spearhead, Skye
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Bronze spearhead, 6 1/2 inches (165.1mm) long, listed from Skye without further information or exact provenance. <1> <2>
In the National Museum of Antiquities Scotland.
Visited by OS, C F W December 1960
Coles Class 5. <3>
Acquired by the NMS 1784 from Reverend D. MacQueen. Listed under Acc. No. DG 34. <4>
- <1> Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1928. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Ninth report with inventory of monuments and constructions in the Outer Hebrides, Skye and the Small Isles. .
- <2> Text/Publication/Volume: NMAS. 1892. Catalogue of the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland. pp 138.
- <3> Text/Publication/Article: Coles, J M. 1962. ''Scottish Late Bronze Age metalwork: typology, distributions and chronology'', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 93 1959-60, p.16-134. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 16-134. pp 78 No.5.
- <4> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. DG 34.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4500 3000 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- SPEARHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://nms.scran.ac.uk/database/record.php?usi=000-100-104-079-C& (Link to NMS online collections database)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.