MHG15156 - 8 Campbell Street, Thurso
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Circa 1830, 2-storey, 3-bay house, with blocked centre entry in Campbell Street, and centre door to 3-bay south-east frontage with entry from Cowie Lane. All harl pointed rubble, tooled rubble dressings. 12-pane glazing; end stacks; slate roof. <1>
Pre-demolition photographs were taken of some lean-to sheds to the rear of the building and submitted to the HER as a requirement of planning consent (10/03387/FUL). <2>
A subsquent photographic survey was produced in 2014 as a condition on a planning application for the demolition of the outbuildings and erection of a proposed garden room and extensions. <3>
The property now incorporates the former No.6 on its north side (see also MHG36412), which is listed separately with No.4. The aforementioned outbuildings lie in what would previously have been the rear of No.6.
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Fraser, J. 08/2010. Photographs of sheds to rear of 8 Campbell Street, Thurso. Colour. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Knight and McDonald Architects. 2014. Photographic survey: 8 Campbell Street, Thurso. Colour. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1162 6843 (22m by 20m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB41977 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/173936 (Link to associated Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.