MHG15358 - Cromdale Old Parish Manse (Church of Scotland)
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MANSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
A manse is depicted here on the 1st and 2nd Edition OS maps onwards.
REFERENCE - Scottish Record Office
SRO GD248/3352/p48. For Col Grant, Curator for Earl of Seafield. 1834. May 14. By building of a manse paid John Smith for going to Cromdale, inspecting site and furnishing a plan and specification of a new manse to be built there. ?5.00' John Smith, mason Cullen. <1>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map. <2>
Cromdale House is now used as a tea room.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 0681 2889 (74m by 92m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROMDALE, INVERALLAN AND ADVIE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB5106 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/110244 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.