MHG15638 - 2 Stuart Street, Ardersier
Built c.1800 2-storey traditional house. Category C listed in 1986. De-listed in 2015.
Type and Period (1)
- END GABLED HOUSE (18th Century - 1800 AD to 1800 AD (circa))
Built c.1800 2-storey traditional house.
It was added to the Statutory List at Category C in 1986.
Photographs of this building were supplied to Inverness Planning Office in connection with listed building consent 11/01462/LBC for the placing of photo-voltaic panels to the roof of the workshop. <1>
A rapid review of the Ardersier Conservation Area in 2014 by the Highland Council Historic Environment Team resulted in a recommendation to Historic Scotland to de-list 2 Stuart Street. <2> <3>
2 Stuart Street was re-assessed by Historic Scotland in May 2014 with a decision to remove the building from the statutory list. <4>
2 Stuart Street was removed from the Statutory list in 2015. <5>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): McKay, A. Photographs of 2 Stuart Street, Ardersier. Colour. Digital.
- <2> Text/Report: Puls, A. 2013. Rapid Assessment of Ardersier Conservation Area. Highland Council. Digital.
- <3> Text/Report: Puls, A. 2014. Proposals to amend the statutory list: Ardersier. Highland Council. Digital.
- <4> Text/Report: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2015. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Ardersier. Historic Scotland. Digital.
- <5> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2015. Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council), 177th Amendment 2015. Historic Scotland.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7818 5502 (12m by 20m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (2)
- http://canmore.org.uk/site/228999/ardersier-2-old-military-road (Link to online Canmore record)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/ (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.