MHG15727 - 11 High Street, Ardersier
Late C18 - early C19 2-storey and attic building with west gable fronting the High Street. Former Robbiemor Fish and Chicken takeaway, now residential dwelling.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1775 AD to 1825 AD (between))
A late C18 - early C19 2-storey and attic building with west gable fronting the High Street. It was formerly the Robbiemor Fish and Chicken takeaway but is now a residential dwelling.
It was added to the Statutory List at Category C in 1986.
A rapid review of the Ardersier Conservation Area in 2014 by the Highland Council Historic Environment Team resulted in a recommendation to Historic Scotland to de-list 11 Hight Street. <1> <2>
The building was re-assessed by Historic Scotland in May 2014 with a decision to remove the building from the statutory list. <3>
It was removed from the Statutory list in 2015. <4>
- <1> Text/Report: Puls, A. 2013. Rapid Assessment of Ardersier Conservation Area. Highland Council. Digital.
- <2> Text/Report: Puls, A. 2014. Proposals to amend the statutory list: Ardersier. Highland Council. Digital.
- <3> Text/Report: Listing and Designed Landscape Team. 2015. Assessment Against the Listing Criteria: Ardersier. Historic Scotland. Digital.
- <4> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2015. Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council), 176th Amendment 2015. Historic Scotland.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7818 5521 (18m by 10m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/ (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/174489 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.