MHG15817 - 47 & 49 Castle Street, Inverness
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1058 AD? to 1559 AD?)
NH 64 NE Grid Ref: NH 6672 4513
Source: O/S 1:1250 Map.
Late 18th century, rubble. 2-storey and attic, 3-bay front, pend and shop at ground floor. Eaves course, 2 canted dormers. Original glazing at 1st floor and attic. At rear 2-storey and attic harled wing. Slated roof.
A mortar from Chrisholm's yard, 49 Castle Street is listed in Inverness Museum catalogue. It is said to be an excavation find although is unknown what excavation this refers to. Acc. No. 1983.074. <>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6672 4511 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
- MORTAR (VESSEL) (Medieval - 1058 AD? to 1559 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB35162 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/98240 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.