MHG16793 - Stenscholl Parish Manse, Staffin
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MANSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
For church, see NG46NE0017
NG46NE 21 4882 6728
For Steinscholl church (NG 4892 6732), see NF98SW 20.
S Hackett and N Livingston 1984 <1>
Contemporary with Stenscholl Parish Church, William Thomson, 1828-9 (a parliamentary kirk). Now Tigh Cilmartin Joseph Mitchell's standard two-storey version. <2>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Hackett and Livingston, S and N. 1984. Scottish Parliamentary churches and their manses. SHG23465. 302-36. 334.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4887 6729 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7250 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/120642 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.