MHG17081 - Ledbeg, By Ledmore
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Surveyed by the Assynt's Hidden Lives project in November 2009. A well preserved two storey building with a porch on its south elevation is situated in a small garden adjacent to open fields. The house measures 16m x 6m x 6m, aligned E-W, and has an extension on its east elevation measuring 10m x 6m x 4m. The external walls are harled. The house was unnoccupied at the time of survey. <1>
<1> Cavers, G & Hudson, G, 05/2010, Assynt's Hidden Lives: An archaeological survey of the the parish, 27, p.76 (Text/Report/Fieldwork Report). SHG24882.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 2415 1337 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:1827 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1827 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/110643 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.