MHG17308 - Old Ardtornish Steading, Ardtornish Estate
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NM64SE 18 6922 4325
For Ardtornish House or Tower (NM 7033 4753) and related buildings, see NM74NW 13.
0.6km N of Ardtornish Castle (NM64SE 1). Steading, early 19th cent., extended in 1846 by James Ross to form a courtyard. Just missing formality, the W gables of the N and S ranges respectively straight and piended. In the E range's S gable, flightholes for pigeons. Segmental-arched cartshed openings.
J Gifford 1992.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6922 4325 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB13952 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108839 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.