MHG18655 - Strathpeffer Station - Achterneed, Fodderty


No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

NH45NE 69 4910 5980

See also NH45NE 61.

This station opened (as Strathpeffer Station) on 19th August 1870, it was re-named Achterneed Station in 1885. It closed to regular passenger traffic 7 December 1964 and re-opened as a private unstaffed halt 8 February 1965.
J Thomas 1977 <1>; G Daniels and L Dench 1980. <2>

This site was recorded during ARCH's 2010-2012 Heritage Along the Kyle Line research project. By 2011, the station had been converted into a private home. A long platform existed to the west of the crossing. <3>

Sources/Archives (3)



Grid reference Centred NH 4910 5980 (40m by 40m) (2 map features)
Map sheet NH45NE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish FODDERTY

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (2)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.